Fort can be downloaded freely and evaluated for up to 14 days. After evaluating Fort you will need to buy a license if you wish to continue using it. However, files and directories encrypted during the trial period can be decrypted even if the trial has expired.
Fort has an easy to use installer for end users. No configuration needed, install and use. The installer does not include any kind of malware or adware, only files necessary to run the software on your computer. See how to use and install Fort.
Fort works on Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 on both 32bit and 64bit versions. See what's new.
SHA256 checksum of the installer is 4c195474e119e74d90d37e2a27f32ae6bc978032c92120fed7fb47e0c0b2ac9a.
This is a portable version of Fort. This does not include the explorer extension, as they can't be portable. Unzip this package for example to a USB drive. To use the application run FortPortable.exe from the unzipped directory.
- Version 3.1 portable (64bit): FortPortable64bit.zip
- Version 3.1 portable (32bit): FortPortable32bit.zip
Files below are available for free of charge.
- Updated language package: Up to date translations. This is an up to date translation package containing the latest translations which might not yet be part of the official Fort installer. Currently includes English, Brazil, Finnish, Farsi(Persian), French, German, Czech and Russian translations. To install, unzip the file and copy the language files into C:\Program Files\ Fort - File encryption for Windows\Lang.
- Standalone Fort decryption tool: FortDecryptionTool.zip. This is a freeware, standalone decryption tool for .fortenc files. The program can be used to decrypt files encrypted with Fort. User does not need to have Fort installed for this tool to work. Download includes both 32bit and 64bit versions. No installation needed.
- Standalone Fort passphrase creator: FortPassphraseCreatorStandalone.exe. Freeware, standalone tool to generate secure passphrases.
What our customers say
"Just what I need." - Elisa
"It's really one of the best encryption programs." - James
"A good encryption software with explorer integration, just what i want." - Xahid
"I love Fort, thanks for making this amazing encryption tool." - Benny
"Fort is a lightweight and easy to use program with strong encryption." - Éric
"The developer always gives good support and is fully committed to safety and security. Today it's hard to imagine my computer without Fort." - Vagner
" I have tried a lot of encryption applications over the years with varying degrees of success but Fort 2.0 delivers what I needed in an encryption application. It's a small download and when installed light on resources, easy to encrypt & decrypt files and folders simply by clicking the right context menu. Password verification can be turned on or off ( I leave it on to ensure I have typed the password correctly because there is no way to retrieve the password if you entered it incorrectly). You can also make a backup of the file or folder before encrypting it. All in all a great encryption application for those concerned about privacy." - Mike